Depending on your device model you can unlock SafeInCloud using Face ID or Touch ID. Configure it via the app’s Settings > Security > Authentication.
Tip: The Require password every option will ask you password once in a few days (to prevent you from forgetting the password and loosing access to your data). You can disable these requests by setting this option to Never.
Face ID or Touch ID should be configured in the phone’s Settings in advance.
Next time you open SafeInCloud, Face ID or Touch ID will be activated.
Attention! Changing any of the phone’s security or biometry settings will disable Face ID or Touch ID in SafeInCloud until you enter your password again.
Attention! Remember your password even if you are using the Face ID or Touch ID. If you forget the password, you will not be able to restore it and might lost access to your data.
If you cannot activate the Face ID or Touch ID in the app’s Security settings, try on of the following steps:
- Make sure that you have an Individual Pro or Family Pro version of the app (see Pro versions);
- Try to restart the device;
- Make sure that the selected Face ID or Touch ID is activated and fully configured in the phone’s Settings;
- Try to disable and then reenable Face ID or Touch ID in the phone’s Settings.
Face ID or Touch ID might not activate during the login view because of the following reasons:
- Some phone’s security or biometry settings were changed. You have to enter your password again to reactivate the biometric login;
- The initial 2-week trial period of the free app version is over. You should upgrade to Pro to continue using the biometric login.